Sunday, December 18, 2011

What's in your wallet

What’s in your wallet?  Most people have credit cards, debit cards and reward cards from various shops and merchants.  There are different ways to obtain each card.  Some of them require a simple application, some require a membership due and some require your loyalty. 

I have a Platinum Medallion Card from Delta Airline.  Membership to the Medallion Program is free; however, the Platinum status requires 75,000 miles on Delta flights.  To acquire this many miles, I’ve travelled 10 trips from Charleston to Columbus, 3 trips from Charleston to Seattle, 3 trips from Seattle to Amsterdam, 1 trip from Seattle to Dallas and 1 trip from Seattle to Green Bay.   There were times I had to intentionally take a longer route just to get more miles.  I have spent countless hours at the airport and on the airplane waiting to get to my next destination.  I’ve worked hard for my Platinum Medallion Card.
For my loyalty and effort, Delta provides me with special treatments.  For example, I get 2 free checked bag, free upgrades to first class and priority check-in at the security line.  My personal favorite is priority boarding.  This allows me to board before the “commoners”, which means I’m in my seat with my carry-on bag stowed when the other passengers are fighting for the remaining overhead space.
God is offering a free membership to the Kingdom of Heaven.  It doesn’t require any applications or membership fees or church attendance.  No age requirement.  No education requirement.  The only requirement is that you MUST ask for it.  For your loyalty and effort, God offers the Gift of the Holy Spirit, the Gift of Eternal Life and the Gift of Salvation.  This offer doesn’t expire.  You don’t have to ask between 8-5.   You don’t need to call a 1-800 number.  When you’re ready, He’s ready.

No comments: