Thursday, April 10, 2014

Ultrasound week 10

March 10, 2014

We had a slight scare at my midwife checkup today at 10 weeks. The midwife couldn’t get a heartbeat on the Doppler which is fairly normal this early in pregnancy (happens about 50% of the time). She went and got their portable ultrasound machine which is much lower quality than those used in hospitals and labs. She wasn’t able to hear the heartbeat over my own and from what I could see of the screen, I didn’t really see much about the baby at all.
She was really worried for me and convinced me to go to the hospital that day to have an ultrasound. Joe was in Columbus at Cummins headquarters for work. I was freaking out that we may have lost the baby. As time passed waiting for my ultrasound appointment, the more worried I got. There were a lot of prayers said and tears cried during that hour.
Finally it was time for the ultrasound, and all our worries subsided. The heartbeat was strong at 168 beats per minute.
This is our first photo we have of our first child. We can't wait to see more at our next ultrasound and to find out if we're having a boy or girl in 9 weeks (at week 19)

No comments: