Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ski Summit Central

February 9, 2012

For the GGLO Thursday ‘crit’ we went skiing near the Snoqualmie Pass, about an hour and half east of Seattle. It was too far for Joe so I carpooled over with a co-worker. It ended up being not so great skiing conditions at Summit Central. The base is at 2,840 feet and had maybe 8 feet of snow packed up on the sides of the parking lot. This was the visibility at the top of the ski lift.
This was near the bottom where you could barely make out the lodge.
We ran this long route all night which I believe was a blue (more difficult) route. I feel quite a few times. The slopes were powder and not mostly ice like we’re used to back on the east coast. It was a lot easier to make turns but the steeper slopes I had trouble keeping my speed in control. The last 2 times I went to a ski resort I attempted to snowboard so if I’m calculating correctly it may have been 8 years since I’ve skied last! This picture was also around where I completely wretched my knee on my fourth run down the hill before we took a break to meet all my co-workers for drinks and dinner at the lodge. I spun around almost backward with my ski staying forward and never popping off. It really hurt but I attempted to shrug it off.

Here is looking back up the slope from the ski lift.
The visibility became even worse after dinner. I took at slopes as slow as possible since my knee was killing me.

I was limping the next day.

No comments: