Wednesday, June 1, 2011

MOVING/UNPACKING DAY

Wednesday June 1, 2011
Joe took today off of work to be there when the movers arrived. It appears like all of the boxes and items showed up so let’s just hope the boxes have all our belongings without any broken items. 
After the movers finished around 3:30 Joe took his turn getting his Washington driver’s license and registering is car in Snohomish County, WA. By the time I was home from work, Joe had unpacked a lot of the kitchen. My goal was to get the kitchen settled first before moving onto other less critical areas of the house. I was on a roll unpacking that I couldn’t stop and continued with our bedroom so I could find all of my jackets I forgot to pack and new clothing options. I had packed all my nice work clothes, but I was beginning to feel a little too dressed up at GGLO. As soon as I opened a box and exclaimed, “oh how I’ve missed you,” Joe knew I had found the wardrobe box with all my jackets. I almost wanted to cry. I was so happy to have options, especially warmer options since it’s usually in the low 50s in the morning and very windy downtown between all the tall buildings.
When I finally called it quits unpacking, I failed to move an empty plastic bag away from Chance’s area. As soon as she could she jumped onto Joe’s side of the bed. Both of us were too exhausted to kick her out. I still don’t understand how she can be so terrified of a plastic bag.
Joe’s sister, brother-in-law, and their 2 sons (and their expecting another child in October) have booked a trip to come visit before they get too close to her due date. They will be here June 27-July 4 so that doesn’t give me much time to have everything unpacked and livable in all rooms of the house.

No comments: