Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mill Creek bike ride

Tuesday June 21, 2011

Tuesday after work, it was just too beautiful out. We grabbed our new bikes and  took them for a test ride around the residential neighborhoods near our house. We rode a few cul-de-sacs with nice houses. We found the local high school with lots of fenced in fields that will be a great place to take Chance during the summer months when school isn’t in session. We ended up coming to a stoplight and then realized we made it to the main north-south though fare in Mill Creek. If we kept heading straight through the light we would have ended up in McCollum Park where I pick up my park and ride bus I take to work every day. It was nice to know I could take back roads there if I needed to. 

Both bikes seemed to ride well, but neither of us were used to it feeling so uncomfortable on our butt. Those padded spandex biker shorts are starting to make sense…

No comments: