Monday, May 2, 2011

Gas Works Park


After an interview in Seattle, I drove around the big city of a little while. I decided to go to Gas Works Park since the sun was starting to peek through the clouds. There is a big hill that has a beautiful view to the south of Lake Union and downtown Seattle.  Lake Union is a freshwater lake that connects the Puget Sound to Lake Washington. The site was the former Seattle Gas Light Company gasification plant. The old machinery is still on site, but painted and used as sculpture pieces. It was very windy today. There were white caps on Lake Union. Next time I will climb the artificial hill to see the sundial and people flying kites. This site was featured in a scene of the movie “10 Things I Hate About You” where they play paintball. 

Lake Union is lined with houseboats. I think that’s how I would like to retire: live right on the water.

No comments: